We’re going to guess you found this article because you’ve started to wonder if your windows need to be replaced in your home. Are we right? If so, you came to the right place. By the end of reading this article you should know if your windows need replacing or not.
Let’s start by going over what you should keep an eye out for.
Top Signs You Need to Replace Your Windows
- Cracks – if your windows have cracks,jn its possible air is going out and coming in through those messed up spots causing your electric bill to be higher.
- Condensation – do you see any places in your windows where moisture exists? If so, this is a sign that the seal has failed in the window and the gas has escaped causing your windows not to be energy efficient anymore.
- Difficulty Opening/Closing – Are your windows hard to open? Maybe they’ve been painted shut or something in the frame is broke making them hard to open or close.
- Drafts of air – do you feel cold air in winter time coming in around your window?
- Frame damage – are your current windows a wooden frame? Is that frame soft in places? Do you see water leaks around the frame?
As a company that sells and installs windows, we get asked a lot if a homeowner needs to replace their windows. Most homeowners notice a sign here or there that make them think it’s time and that’s when we typically get a call to give a quote. When we go out to the home, we’ll walk around the inside and the outside to look for any visual signs of problems such as cracks, condensation and water leaks. If we don’t see any, then we look closer at issues that might be present but aren’t visible like drafts of air and frame damage. If during our inspection we find that you have problems and need to replace your windows, we’ll walk you through what we find, show you the issue and provide a free estimate for new windows.
Benefits of Replacing Your Windows
We know replacing windows in your home isn’t cheap and depending on how many you have, could be quite expensive. Therefore, we want to make sure you understand the benefit of replacing your windows before you decide to do it.
- Less Noise – Do you live on a busy road or in a neighborhood? Do you hear people talking, cars passing by, kids laughing, etc? If you are nodding your head yes, then you’ll be happy to know that replacing your windows with new double or triple pane glass plus adding Argon or Krypton gas in between the panes can cut down on the noise that you hear.
- Lower Energy Bill – If your windows are letting in (or out) air, then your bill is likely higher than it should be. Putting in new windows can decrease your bill and keep some money in your pocket each month.
- Maintenance Free – One of the big benefits to Vinyl windows is not having to paint or stain them as they get older. Vinyl windows are virtually maintenance free.
- Ease of Use and Cleaning – If you have windows that are hard to open or close now, then you’ll love having windows that are easy to operate. Not only will you love the ease of opening and closing them but cleaning them also becomes much easier. With double hung windows, you can tilt in each sash so you can easily clean the outside and inside of the window.
Now that we’ve explained the signs to look for a benefits of replacing your windows, what do you think? Is it time to replace the windows in your house? If you’re shaking your head and saying to yourself yes, give us a call or reach out to us via email!
- We’ll meet with you and discuss new window options, take measurements of your current windows so we know what sizes to order if you decide to move forward.
- We’ll send you an estimate. Should you decide to move forward then we’ll collect a 50% deposit.
- Now we’ll order your windows and schedule the install.
- Install your windows
- Wrap up/ Walk through of the project. Show you how the new windows work and answer any questions. At this time we collect the remaining balance of 50% and we’re done.
It’s that simple.